What is Depression?
Depression is something that is present nowadays and it can affect anyone. Symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., inability to sit still, pacing, hand-wringing) or slowed movements or speech (these actions must be severe enough to be observable by others)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating, or making decisions
I truly believe that we are the ones who must help ourselves first, however, in the case of big depression the best solution is to see a doctor specialized for it.
If you ever feel down or depressed here are my tips to help you and ensure you are back on track.
10 Easy Tips
1. Read a good book- Yes, Yes! When I say a good book, that is up to you to decide what you like to read and what would change your feelings and make you feel better. My choice was Esther Hicks- books from this autor changed my life completely… It is about the “Law of attraction” where you learn that we are responsible for our reality and that our thoughts reflect on our actions and life.
2. Watch a family/comedy movie- It is very important to chose something what will make you laugh. So open your Netflix and search for a movie, take some popcorns and enjoy in moment. As Christmas is coming you can always choose something related & have a fantastic time.
3. Yoga- If you never tried yoga before, this exercise will relax and stretch your body, calm your mindset and soul. It is improved to feel better after doing Yoga so don’t wait, open your search- browser and find it, you can do in your room by yourself. Meditation is also something that can help with stress and anxiety.
4.Go out with the best friend- I know that when you feel down you maybe prefer to stay home, but what you have to lose if you go out? Few drinks or food with your friend will make you feel better and pull you out from negative mood.
5. Pamper yourself- This is one of my favorite things to do when I feel bad. Turn on light candles, fill up the bath, put a mask on your face, grab a favorite body scrub, and enjoy just your time.. Sounds nice right? P.S. Don’t forget to play your favorite music.
6. Go for a long walk- This is amazing thing to distress your body and clear your minds, just grab a bottle of water, music on and enjoy in your own company. You will be surprised how much better you will feel after.
7. Do something nice for somebody.. It is well known the fact when you make or do something nice for somebody it makes you feel better. Be kind with the people, treat them how you like to be treated because everything will come back to you.
8. Weekend Escape – Book a weekend for yourself or with friends and family, go somewhere you never been before and have amazing time. Making new memories will definitely benefit your life.
9. Play your favorite music and DANCE ! It seems silly but it’s great thing to do. It is going to bring you to the upper level of emotion and you will feel instantly better .
10. A LIST OF THINGS YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR- This could be the most important thing. It is very important to be grateful and focus on all things you have instead of focusing on things you don’t have. This will bring into your life a more and more things to be thankful for.
How do you deal with depression?
Please let me know if you like this content & subscribe and share if you think this can help someone.